Tafari Hibbert - Discipleship
What is Discipleship?
- Mentoring, coaching, are other words for discipleship
- Definition: Mature Christian taking another Christian under wing and sharing their life and friendship with them to grow them in Christ
- What are some examples of discipleship in the bible?
- Paul is a good example of discipleship that we will explore
- Gamaliel and Paul
- Discipleship forms and strengthens foundations
- Barnabas and Paul
- People who disciple others take chances on them
- A mentor is not afraid that the disciple may surpass them
Discipleship: Key Ingredients
- Not just theory but practical application
- Pass it on!
- Paul and Timothy (Acts 16: 1-3)
- The desire to learn (foundations, core teaching)
- The desire to grow
- The desire for effective service
- My Testimony of Discipleship
Interested in Discipleship?
- A few ground rules
- Men with men, and women with women
- Both sides need to be open, transparent and accountable
- Based on friendship
- Lots of prayer
- Please talk to any of the leadership if interested in being involved
Updated on 2013-08-06 by Tafari