Values of Newlife Church
1) God as our Father
- It is all about relationship with God.
- The foundation of this relationship is resting in his grace as opposed to earning his favour by performance (chosen & loved).
- He has forgiven our sins and justified us through the death of Jesus.
- He has adopted us as sons and daughters.
- He gives good gifts.
- He loves to bless and to heal.
- He enjoys us and loves us in a way no earthly father could ever do.
- He brings us tender and loving correction to bring us into more fruitfulness.
2) Jesus, our Bridegroom
- Every human being has a deep need for an intimate relationship that can only be satisfied by Christ.
- This love is not merely known intellectually but also experienced.
- Christ is looking for a bride that is passionate for him.
- There’s more! We are hungry and thirsty, desiring satisfaction only in him.
3) The Holy Spirit, God’s precious gift
- We experience God primarily through the channel of the Holy Spirit.
- Hearing God’s voice is our joy and desire.
- We develop the Spirit-gifting of every member, raising leaders.
- We take care not to grieve or quench the Spirit.
- He gives us victory over the flesh and the enemy, and opens our hearts and minds to spiritual truths.
4) The Presence of God as we meet together
- Worship invites and intensifies his presence.
- We honour his presence by putting value on it, and lingering in it.
- Our worship mindset: our singing and prayers are addressed to God and songs become prayers.
- God’s presence brings miracles and the impartation of anointing and gifts.
- As we worship, the presence of the Spirit is intensified in every aspect of his work.
5) Growth & maturing (“Bad stuff out, good stuff in”)
- Growth involves:
- brokenness, humility & repentance
- vulnerability & transparency (especially in the leaders)
- forgiveness and showing grace to others so that we may enjoy God’s grace for us
- healing from the hurts of life
- dealing with the issues that all of us have
6) The character and nature of the Kingdom of God
- Everything is free.
- It's an “upside down Kingdom”: we love the unlovely, give to those who can’t return it, and as we die to self we receive life.
- We evangelise—spreading the Kingdom, not out of duty but out of a heart to share the grace that we have freely received.
- We go to all nations, making disciples.
- We own nothing, but are stewards of all the finances and possessions God has entrusted us with.
- God’s generosity is the basis for ours, so we freely give and freely receive.
- Healing and deliverance are a central part of the Kingdom.
- Love for one another is the unique mark of Christ’s disciples.
- What we do has value only when motivated by love.
- Love is the context for using the gifts of the Spirit.
- We value:
- Hospitality, care, meeting needs
- We have a commitment to one another and to our church family.
8) The Scriptures
- All that we believe and practice is based on the Scriptures.
- The Spirit wrote and speaks through the Scriptures.
- They are the authoritative standard for judging what is truly of the Spirit.
- It is important to honour the Spirit by taking care to interpret them accurately.
- Spirit empowered teaching connects simultaneously with the head and the heart and produces changed lives.
9) Hunger and anticipation for More
- We have not arrived—there is much more to have of God.
- Our “systems” are imperfect, and so we are open to new ideas.
- Our theology is imperfect—we strive to understand our God better.
- The full revelation of God’s kingdom is still to come, so we eagerly anticpate the future and press into all that God wants us to have.