Genesis is Awesome
— How God has spoken to me through
Genesis 11:10-12:3 — Anne: Oct 19, 2014
- This is the account of Shem.
Shem was 100 old when he became the father of Arphaxad, two years after the flood.
...generations through to Nahor
- When Nahor had lived 29 years, he became the father of Terah.
- And after he became the father of Terah, Nahor lived 119 years and had other sons and daughters.
- When Terah had lived 70 years, he became the father of Abram, Nahor, and Haran.
- And this is the account of Terah....
- Now the Lord said to Abram,
“Go out from your country, your relatives, and your father’s household
to the land that I will show you.
- Then I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you,
and I will make your name great,
so that you will exemplify divine blessing.
- I will bless those who bless you,
but the one who treats you lightly I must curse,
and all the families of the earth will bless one another by your name.”
Sections of Genesis
||Preface [1:1–2:3] |
||These are the toledot of the Heavens and the Earth [2:4–4:26] |
||This is the book of the toledot of Adam [5:1–6:8] |
|These are the toledot of Noah [6:9–9:29]|
And these are the toledot of Noah’s sons [10:1–11:9]
|These are the toledot of Shem [11:10–11:26]|
And these are the toledot of Terah [11:27–25:11]
And these are the toledot of Ishmael [25:12–18]
And these are the toledot of Isaac [25:19–35:29]
And these are the toledot of Esau [36:1–8; 36:9–37:1]
||These are the toledot of Jacob [37:2–50:26]|
- The purpose of God having a people was to show himself to the world
- Now we are his people, and we show him to the world.
Updated on 2014-10-19 by Anne