This slide scrolls down.
- submitting to one another out of allegiance to Christ.
- Wives … to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
- For the husband is the head of the wife
even as Christ is the head of the church,
he is saviour of the body
- But as the church submits to Christ,
so also should wives … to their husbands in everything.
- Husbands, love your wives,
as Christ loved the church
and gave himself up for her,
- that he might make her holy, cleansing her by the washing of water in the word,
- that he might present to himself the church, in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing,
that she might be holy and without blemish.
- In the same way husbands should love their own wives as their own bodies.
He who loves his own wife loves himself.
- For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it,
just as Christ does the church,
- because we are members of his body.
- “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother
and hold fast to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.”
- This mystery is profound,
and I speak with reference to Christ and the church.
- However you, each one of you should so love his own wife as himself,
and the wife should respect her husband.
Version: NET Bible