- The LORD is compassionate and merciful;
he is patient and demonstrates great loyal love.
- He does not always accuse,
and does not stay angry.
- He does not deal with us as our sins deserve;
he does not repay us as our misdeeds deserve.
- For as the skies are high above the earth,
so his loyal love towers over his faithful followers.
- As far as the eastern horizon is from the west,
so he removes the guilt of our rebellious actions from us.
- As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on his faithful followers.
- For he knows what we are made of;
he realizes we are made of clay.