Praise in the Psalms
- When I tripped, they taunted me relentlessly,
and tried to bite me.
- O LORD, how long are you going to just stand there and watch this?
Rescue me from their destructive attacks;
guard my life from the young lions!
- Then I will give you thanks in the great assembly;
I will praise you before a large crowd of people!
- I have told the great assembly about your deliverance.
Look! I spare no words!
O LORD, you know this is true.
- I have not failed to tell about your deliverance;
I spoke about your reliability and salvation;
I have not neglected to tell the great assembly
about your loyal love and faithfulness.
- O LORD, you do not withhold your compassion from me.
May your loyal love and faithfulness continually protect me!
- Praise the LORD!
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart,
in the assembly of the godly and the congregation.
- The LORD’s deeds are great,
eagerly awaited by all who desire them.
- I will give you thanks with all my heart;
before the heavenly assembly I will sing praises to you.
- I will bow down toward your holy temple,
and give thanks to your name,
because of your loyal love and faithfulness,
for you have exalted your promise above the entire sky.
- When I cried out for help, you answered me.
You made me bold and energized me.
- Let all the kings of the earth give thanks to you, O LORD,
when they hear the words you speak.
- Let them sing about the LORD’s deeds,
for the LORD’s splendor is magnificent.
- Though the LORD is exalted, he takes note of the lowly,
and recognizes the proud from far away.
- Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song,
and his praise in the assembly of saints.
- Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
- Let them praise his name with the dance;
let them sing praises to him with the timbrel and harp.
- For the LORD takes pleasure in his people;
he will beautify the humble with salvation.
- Let the saints be joyful in glory;
let them sing aloud on their beds.