This slide scrolls down.
- He presented them with another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a person who sowed good seed in his field.
- But while everyone was sleeping, an enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went away.
- When the plants sprouted and bore grain, then the tares also appeared.
- So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Then where did the tares come from?’
- He said, ‘An enemy has done this.‘so the servants replied, ‘Do you want us to go and gather them?’
- But he said, ‘No, since in gathering the tares you may uproot the wheat with them.
- Let both grow together until the harvest. At harvest time I will tell the reapers, “First collect the tares and tie them in bundles to be burned, but then gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”
- He gave them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field.
- It is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest garden plant and becomes a tree, so that the wild birds come and nest in its branches.”
- He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed with three measures of flour until all the dough had risen.”
- Jesus spoke all these things in parables to the crowds; he did not speak to them without a parable.
- This fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet:
“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will announce what has been hidden from the foundation of the world.”
- Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares in the field.”
- He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.
- The field is the world and the good seed are the people of the kingdom. The tares are the people of the evil one,
- and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels.
- As the tares are collected and burned with fire, so it will be at the end of the age.
- The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather from his kingdom everything that causes sin as well as all lawbreakers.
- They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. The one who has ears had better listen!
Version: based on NET