What God loves To Do
—Mark 5:1–20 (Betel)
- Andrew Fountain – Feb 7, 2016
Click on this slide and then press the spacebar to advance slides: ➜
God’s Favourite Work
- If God were to tell us his favourite work, what would it be?
- Saving the lost?
- How about: “Undoing all the evil Satan has done”
- The most hopeless defeat ➜ the greatest victory
1. God Loves Unlovely People
- Jesus came to show us what God is like
- God loves the unlovely:
- This is at the centre of his identity
2. Saving someone like this reveals his power
- “He/she’s a nice person—would make a good Christian”
- Jesus has greater power than all the other powers in the universe put together
- There is no situation so bad that Jesus cannot turn it around
3. What God loves to do more than anything else
- To undo all the damage that Satan has done!
- Two kingdoms: Kingdom of God & Kingdom of darkness
- Satan likes to twist & destroy people—Turn them into garbage
- Jesus loves to turn garbage into jewels
4. How should we respond?
- Maybe your life is in a mess
- Jesus specializes in turning them around and replacing the bad stuff with good stuff
- We are either members of the Kingdom of darkness or the kingdom of light
- If Jesus is not your king, then don’t waste any time
- God Loves Unlovely People
- We respond by having the heart of God in us
- but first we must be secure in his love for us!!!
- Saving someone like this reveals his power
- We believe in God’s awesome power for today
- What God loves to do more than anything else
- We join him in doing this
- Trusting his power in you, join him in undoing all the damage that Satan has done in this world