- And anything on which any of them falls when they are dead shall be unclean,
whether it is an article of wood or a garment or a skin or a sack,
any article that is used for any purpose.
It must be put into water,
and it shall be unclean until the evening;
then it shall be clean.
- Then Aaron’s sons, Nadab and Abihu,
each took his incense burner and lit it,
put incense in it, and presented “foreign” fire before the Lord,
which he had not commanded them to do.
- So fire went out from the presence of the Lord
and consumed them so that they died before the Lord.
- You must set boundaries for the people all around, saying,
‘Take heed to yourselves not to go up on the mountain nor touch its edge.
Whoever touches the mountain will surely be put to death!
- No hand must touch him—but he will surely be stoned or shot through
whether a beast or a human being; he must not live.’
When the ram’s horn sounds a long blast they may go up on the mountain.
- For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy.
You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground.
- For I am the Lord who brought you up out of the land of Egypt to be your God.
You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.”
- And the city and all that is within it shall be devoted to the Lord for destruction. Only Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house shall live, because she hid the messengers whom we sent.
- But you, keep yourselves from the things devoted to destruction, lest when you have devoted them you take any of the devoted things and make the camp of Israel a thing for destruction and bring trouble upon it.
- But all silver and gold, and every vessel of bronze and iron, are holy to the Lord; they shall go into the treasury of the Lord.”