- But I say, live by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh.
- For the flesh has desires that are opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit has desires that are opposed to the flesh, for these are at war with each other, to keep you from doing what you want to do.
- But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
- Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, depravity,
- idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions,
- envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things. I am warning you, as I had warned you before: Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God!
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
- If we live by the Spirit, let us also behave in accordance with the Spirit.
Updated on 2010-01-24 (r.121) by Andrew Fountain