This slide scrolls down.
- “This will be a reminder to you that I have spoken the truth:
This year you will eat what grows wild,
and next year what grows on its own.
But the year after that you will plant seed and harvest crops;
you will plant vines and consume their produce.
- Those who remain in Judah will take root in the ground and bear fruit.
- “For a remnant will leave Jerusalem;
survivors will come out of Mount Zion.
The faithful love of the LORD who commands armies will accomplish this.
- So this is what the LORD says about the king of Assyria:
‘He will not enter this city,
nor will he shoot an arrow here.
He will not attack it with his shielded warriors,
nor will he build siege works against it.
- He will go back the way he came —
he will not enter this city,‘says the LORD.
- I will shield this city and rescue it
for the sake of my reputation
and because of my promise to David my servant.”’”
- The LORD’s angel went out and killed 185,000 troops in the Assyrian camp. When they got up early the next morning, there were all the corpses!
- So King Sennacherib of Assyria broke camp and went on his way. He went home and stayed in Nineveh.
- One day, as he was worshiping in the temple of his god Nisroch, his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer struck him down with the sword. They ran away to the land of Ararat; his son Esarhaddon replaced him as king.
NET Bible, plus revisions by AMF