- “You, O king, were watching as a great statue — one of impressive size and extraordinary brightness — was standing before you. Its appearance caused alarm.
- As for that statue, its head was of fine gold, its chest and arms were of silver, its belly and thighs were of bronze.
- Its legs were of iron; its feet were partly of iron and partly of clay.
- You were watching as a stone was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its iron and clay feet, breaking them in pieces.
- Then the iron, clay, bronze, silver, and gold were broken in pieces without distinction and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors that the wind carries away. Not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the statue became a large mountain that filled the entire earth.
- This was the dream. Now we will set forth before the king its interpretation.
Version: based on NET Bible