1 Thessalonians 4:1-12
- Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to live and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more.
- For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
- For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;
- that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,
- not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;
- that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you.
- For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.
- Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.
- Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,
- for that indeed is what you are doing to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to do this more and more,
- and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,
- so that you may live properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.
Updated on 2009-08-16 by Andrew Fountain