- Wives, submit to your husbands,
as is fitting in the Lord.
- Husbands, love your wives
and do not be mean toward them.
- Children, obey your parents in everything,
for this is very pleasing in the Lord.
- Fathers, do not provoke your children,
lest they become crushed in spirit.
- Bondservants, obey in everything your masters according to the flesh,
not with good appearances, as people-pleasers,
but with a dedicated heart, fearing the Master.
- And whatever work you do, do it with all your soul,
as if working for the Master and not for men,
- knowing that from a master you will receive an inheritance as the reward;
for you serve the Master—Christ.
- for the one who does wrong will be repaid for the wrong,
and there is no favouritism.
- Masters, treat your bondservants justly and fairly,
knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.