Truth that brings life - Col 1:1–9
—Part 1 in Colossians series
- Andrew Fountain – Sept 18, 2016
Click on this slide and then press the spacebar to advance slides: ➜ (or swipe on a touch screen)
- For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak.
- And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.
- “As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.” (John 6:57)
- Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
- Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.
- “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you.
- But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
Paul’s prayer: Col 1:9–11
- and asking
that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will
in all spiritual wisdom and understanding
- so as to walk worthy of the Lord,
in all ways to please him,
in all good work bearing fruit and increasing
in the knowledge of God,
- in all power being empowered, through his glorious
in all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks
to the Father