- Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand,
- and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
- For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received:
That Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
- and that he was buried,
and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures,
- and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
- Then he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at one time,
most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.
- Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
- Last of all, as though to one born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also.
- For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
Version: NET Bible