- This was according to the eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
- in whom we have boldness and confident access to God because of Christ’s faithfulness.
- For this reason I ask you not to lose heart because of what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.
- For this reason I kneel before the Father,
- from whom every family in heaven and on the earth is named.
- I pray that according to the wealth of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner person,
- that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, so that, because you have been rooted and grounded in love,
- you may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
- and thus to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
- Now to him who by the power that is working within us is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think,
- to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen
Updated on 2009-11-08 (r.97) by Andrew Fountain