2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for
- teaching [teaching us more about God, ourselves and life in general, encouraging us in God’s love]
- for reproof [negative—when are doing stuff we shouldn’t, God will often use Scripture to speak to us]
- for correction [positive—literally “straightening out”, removing the twists and healing damaged bits]
- and for training in righteousness [literally training a child, equipping them and getting the best out of them. Sometimes translated nurture.]
- that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work.
Updated on 2009-11-08 (r.97) by Andrew Fountain