- When Jesus had finished saying these things, he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said,
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son,
so that the Son may glorify you
- for you have given him authority over all humanity,
that all those whom you have given him,
he may give eternal life.
- Now this is eternal life
that they know you, the only true God,
and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
- I glorified you on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.
- And now, glorify me, Father, at your side with the glory I had with you before the world existed.
- I have revealed your name
to the people you gave me out of the world.
They were yours, and you gave them to me,
and they have obeyed your word.
- Now they understand that everything you have given me comes from you,
- because the words you have given me,
I have given to them, and they have received them
and truly understand that I came from you,
and they have believed that you sent me.
- I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world,
but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
All I have is yours, and all you have is mine
- and I have been glorified by them.
- I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world,
but I am coming to you.
keep them safe in your name that you have given me,
so that they may be one
just as we are one.
- When I was with them
I kept them safe in your name that you have given me.
I guarded them and not one of them was lost
(except the ‘son of destruction’, fulfilling Scripture.)
- But now I am coming to you,
and these things I speak in the world, so they may experience my joy completed in themselves.
- I have given them your word,
and the world has hated them, because
they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.
- I am not asking that you take them out from the world,
but that you keep them safe from the evil one.
- They do not belong to the world just as I do not belong to the world.
- Dedicate them in the truth; your word is truth.
- Just as you sent me into the world,
so I sent them into the world.
- And for the sake of them
I dedicated myself.
so that they too may be dedicated in truth.
- I am not praying for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
- that they may all be one,
just as you, Father, are in me
and I am in you,
that they may also be in us,
so that the world will believe that you sent me.
- The glory you gave to me I have given to them,
that they may be one
just as we are one
- I in them and you in me,
that they may be perfectly one,
so that the world will know that you sent me,
and you have loved them just as you have loved me.
- Father, those that you gave me
I desire that where I am, they also may be with me
that they may see my glory
that you gave me
because you loved me before the creation of the world.
- O righteous Father, even if the world does not know you, I know you,
and these ones know that you sent me.
- I made known to these ones your name,
and I will continue to make it known,
so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them,
and I may be in them.”