This slide scrolls down.
- When the Companion comes, whom I will send you from the Father
the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father
he will bear witness concerning me,
- and you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.
- These things I have told you so that you will not fall away.
- They will put you out of the synagogues,
Indeed, a time is coming when the one who kills you will think he is offering service to God
- And these things they will do because they have not known the Father or me.
- But these things I have told you so that when their time comes, you will remember that I told you about them.
I did not tell you these things from the beginning because I was with you.
- But now I am going to the one who sent me,
Not one of you is asking me, ‘Where are you going?’
- But because these things I have said to you. Sorrow has filled your hearts
- But I speak the truth to you, it is to your advantage that I am going away.
For if I do not go away, the Companion will not come to you,
but if I go, I will send him to you.
- And when he comes, he will expose the wrong in the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment
- concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
- concerning righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer;
- and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.
- I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
- But when this one shall come—the Spirit of truth, he will guide you into all truth.
For he will not speak on his own authority, but will speak whatever he hears, and will tell you what is to come.
- He will glorify me, because he will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you.
- Everything that the Father has is mine;
that is why I said he will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you.
Translation by Andrew Fountain