This slide scrolls down.
- I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener.
- Every branch in me that does not bear fruit, he cleans away.
and every branch that bears fruit, he cleans [prunes] so that it will bear more fruit.
- You are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
- Dwell in me, and I will dwell in you.
or you cannot possibily bear fruit! Click to expand
Just as the branch has no power to bear fruit by itself,
unless it dwells in the vine,
so neither can you (bear fruit)
unless you dwell in me.
- I am the vine;
you are the branches.
The one who dwells in me, and I in them
bears much fruit,
because apart from me
you have no power to accomplish anything.
- If anyone does not dwell in me,
they are thrown out like a branch, and dry up;
and such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and are burned up.
Translation by Andrew Fountain