- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
- In my Father’s house are many rooms. Otherwise, I would have told you,
because I am going away to make ready a place for you.
- And if I go and make ready a place for you,
I will come again and take you to myself, so that where I am you may be too.
- And you know the way where I am going.”
- Thomas said, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?”
- Jesus replied, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- If you have known me, you will know my Father too.
And from now on you do know him and have seen him.”
- Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be content.”
- Jesus replied, “I’ve been with you so long and you still don’t know me Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father!
How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
- Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me?
The words that I say to you, I do not speak on my own initiative,
but the Father dwelling in me performs his works.
- Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me,
but if you do not believe me, believe because of the works themselves.
- I tell you the truth, the person who believes in me will perform the works that I am doing,
and will perform greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.
- And whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
- If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.